Wednesday 8 May 2013

Lush Cosmetics Haul, Reviews and How to Store Them!



       
Hey!

Today I am sharing with you my favorite Lush products I use all the time and some new ones I am trying for the first time!

I love natural handmade soaps and beauty products so much that a year ago I started doing my own cold processed soaps, lip balms, body butter and scrubs. I did a lot of research, I read many books and bought all the ingredients I needed and I really enjoyed it. I still have some ingredients left so I might do some more soy candles and lip balms. I find it very relaxing and you know exactly what you are using on your body. 

But making all these things takes time so unfortunately I don't do it all the time and that's why I love Lush, I like that all their products are free from toxins and chemicals and they are against animal fighting. Ok don't get me wrong, I know I use many many other products which are not 100% natural and I like them, but it feels nice sometimes to do a mini detox from all that! I know that they are quite pricey, but it is worth it to get a few products every month. 

Bathbombs, Soaps and Scrubs
Face and Hair Masks and Lip Scrub




















Lush Fresh Face Masks are AMAZING, the first one I tried was BB Seaweed I think and I fell in love with it. I also always use the Cupcake Fresh Face Mask, especially when I have a breakout or during my period when my skin tends to get a bit more oily. It smells absolutely awesome, it feels as if I have brownie cookie dough in my face! The mask if very thick and it absorbs all the excess oil, it dries out pimples, but at the same time because of the Cocoa Butter it contains, it actually hydrates your skin. This mask also contains linseed powder, cocoa powder, peppermint, spearmint and sandalwood oils which balance the oil in the skin.






I had never tried before the Love Lettuce mask, but because I use Airol Cream on my face every night it is peeling and I needed something gentle to exfoliate but also hydrate. So I decided to try this mask and it worked great for my skin, it didn't irritate my skin at all (because of the Airol cream my skin is extremely sensitive), it gently exfoliated as I washed it off with warm water and my skin was glowing. Love Lettuce has almond shells which are great to polish the skin and almond and lavender oils which are very soothing. 

                                 




This is  my favorite products from Lush, I use it three or four times per week, but I want to use it every day!The smell is so addictive, I use it to exfoliate my lips with my fingers or with a soft toothbrush. Because of the jojoba oil it leaves my lips super smooth and soft.




Ooohhh my God..this smells absolutely amazing..I am not very good at describing smells, but trust me this is so good..it smells like orange blossom (which is my favorite smell ever) and roses. It is a very light conditioner, I use it in the shower after shampooing and rinse it off, but also as a leave-in conditioner in wet or dry hair. I feel my hair hydrated but not heavy, its just great! 





This is the third or fourth time I buy this massage bar, I am in love with the smell, its like Milky Bar with lavender. It so easy to use and leaves my skin sooo soft because of the shea butter. I use it almost every day. I also use it as lip balm. 



Thsi bar is great to exfoliate your whole body especially the harder bits, like knees and elbow. I use it in the shower before my shower gel, my skin feels so soft and hydrated after I rinse off. Buffy is a quite strong exfoliator, but the shea and cocoa butter makes the skin smooth and supple. And the smell is also amazing, it smells like sweet nuts and honey. Buffy can be a bit oily or greasy if you don't rinse off with plenty of water, so if you don't like the feel of cocoa butter residue on your skin this bar is not for you : ) 








It is the first time I try a shampoo from Lush, actually I had never tried a natural fresh shampoo before, so I really hesitated in the beginning, but I decided to give it a try because of its divine smell! I am so glad I bought this shampoo, it is on my top 3 shampoos I have ever tries. It leaves my hair feeling squeaky clean and smelling awesome. Although it is very thick, you can see the smashed bananas inside, it doesn't leave my hair heavy and oily, its a great product. I fell in love with it, I have been using it for the last two weeks now and my hair is much softer, even my ends! The instructions say that it is great for colored hair, but I am not sure because I don't dye my hair. I am buying this shampoo again for sure!  





This is another product I tried for the first time and also fell in love with it. I was looking for a really hydrating and restoring treatment for my hair, so I decided to try H'Suan Wen Hua. I have used it two times only so far, once a week, but I highly recommend it already. After I used it I blow-dried my hair and flat ironed the ends, but my hair was still super soft, even the next day. My hair is very thin and not really damaged, but I think this would work great on thick long hair as it has fresh free range eggs and bananas which have oily moisturizing properties. Its smell also very good, like herbs and cinnamon.  
I use it only in my ends and them put a shower cap, the hot temperature helps the oils penetrate fully, I leave it for 3-4 hours and then wash and shampoo. After this I guarantee your hair will be glossy and smooth. 
When doing any hair treatment, always put your hair in a bun 
and wear a shower cap!



This scrubs works wonders!! It is the perfect foot scrub, it is easy to use, it smells like lime and herbs and leaves my feet amazingly soft. To use it, break a small piece and as soon as you wet it, it will start bubbling and then you start scrubbing your feet. I usually do it in the shower, but it is also very nice to soak your feet in a big bowl with warm water, throw in some pieces, rub your feet and relax : )






Bath Bombs

Lush's bath bombs are very very good, but there are so many choices and different smells that I don't even know which one to use every time I take a bath!! The leave a nice smell and color in the water, but be careful when using the ones with seaweed or herbs, as they might clog the drain of your bath, just try to catch them when you are emptying the bath. 

Tisty Tosty
Phoenix Rising
Yuzu and Cocoa
Fizzbanger

Big Blue

Soap Samples

The customer service in all Lush shops is great and they always give you samples to try, and the sizes are pretty big!! the three of them smell amazing, but I think my favorite one is Honey I washed The Kids, it leaves my hands soft and the sweet smell of buttery honey stays in the skin even after a few hours. 

Sea Vegetable
Willow Pattern
Honey I Washed the Kids


How to store your Lush Products

I always place my bath bombs in a nice basket I have in my bathroom, so I can see what I have and use them often. They also look very nice as decoration and make the whole bathroom smell like a spa! 
You can also store your bath bombs in a glass jar, this way they keep all the smell and look very nice also in your room. 
The massage bars like Buffy and the Stepping Stone scrub bar, should be stored in a plastic bag, or something similar, always from steam and hot temperatures, otherwise they will start melting, so it is better to keep them in your bedroom. 



Buffy and Stepping Stone in Plastic Bags


Thank you so much for reading this post and I really hope you enjoyed it!

To find all the products just click on the images: )

Make sure you follow my blog and check out my next posts on healthy breakfast smoothies and the Ultimate Chocolate Cake recipe!

Lots of Love

Nathalia
xxx

8 comments:

  1. I love Lush ever since I discovered their shop here in Amsterdam. Too costly for me to buy all the stuff that you tested, but totally lovely. Their lipgloss is the only one I want to use (doesn't taste chemical, like the others). :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ravanel! I know they are too pricey..When I go to the shop I only buy 1 or 2 things..I bought all these products to kind of celebrate the Greek Easter : ) My family and friends went back home and I was alone so decided to have a pamper night! No more shopping for me this month!!! I havent tried their lipgloss yet but I will for sure : )

      Delete
    2. That's super, I'm so jealous now! My boyfriend is addicted to their chocolate lip balm (it's not really cosmetic, he uses it for dry lips) and I really love the lemon one. Let me know what you think if you try. ^^

      Delete
  2. If you store your bath bombs in a glass jar together, do they end up all smelling the same?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pretty much lol, but once you pop them in your bath, they'll smell like their original scent :)

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You make so many great points here that I read your article a couple of times. Your views are in accordance with my own for the most part. This is great content for your readers. organic makeup brands

    ReplyDelete