|My amazing Brigadeiro Cake!|
I hope you all had a great week!
I want to share this recipe with you today, because it would be perfect for indulging during the weekend! My friends and family ask me to do this cake all the time. Its quite easy to make and delicious. I am 100% sure you will fall in love with it, so I suggest you start baking : )
This recipe is the cake version of the Brazilian candy 'Brigadeiro', which is a chocolate truffle very famous in Brazil, they serve it usually in parties and birthdays. It is a mixture of butter, powdered chocolate and condensed milk, rolled into small balls and covered in granulated chocolate.
* I wanted to show you the whole process, using both, the round and the bundt molds so that you can choose which one you prefer. The recipe works for both, but I prefer the Bundt! The recipe and assembling is exactly the same, its just the shape that is different!
Here is what you will need:
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup of oil (I like using olive oil)
- 2 cups of flour
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1 cup of powdered chocolate (I love Nesquik)
- 1 tablespoon of baking powder
- 1 cup of milk (or double cream)
- 1 teaspoon of espresso powder (you cant actually taste the coffee, but it really brings out the chocolate taste)
Filling and Topping
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 1 whole can of condensed milk (Carnation is the best)
- 5 tablespoons of powdered chocolate
- 2-3 tablespoons of thick double cream (if you like a more runny filling, add more cream)
- 1 small cup of milk with 2 tablespoons of powdered chocolate
- Preheat your oven
- Mix the eggs, sugar, oil and milk in a blender for a few minutes, until all ingredients are incorporated
- Sift the flour, chocolate and espresso powder twice, add to the mixture and mix for a few more minutes (sifting the flour will make your cake fluffy)
- Add the baking powder last, and mix it very gently
- Pour the mixture in a buttered and floured pan (I always do my cakes in a Bundt style pan, with the whole in the middle, it is much easier as the cake bakes evenly)
- Bake for about 30-35 minutes at 150 degrees, use a toothpick to see it the cake is ready. Insert it into the cake, if it comes out clean it means its ready!
- Let the cake cool down
- Using a toothpick again, make many small holes in the cake and then pour with a spoon the syrup of milk and chocolate. This is a secret to keep you cake very moist! You can also add rum essence for a little extra : )
Filling and Topping
- Mix everything (minus the cream) in a small pan and cook in low temperature until it becomes thick (the perfect point for the Brigadeiro is when you can peel it off the bottom of the pan)
- Remove from the fire, add the cream and mix well. The double cream you use should be very thick. In case you cant find it, dont use cream at all, otherwise the filling will be very runny.
- Cut the cake in half.
- In one half pour some of the filling mixture, then place the other half on top.
- Pour the rest of the mixture on top of your cake and decorate it with the granulated chocolate
- Enjoy the best chocolate cake ever!!
Using the Round Mold
For extra decoration, if you use a round mould to bake your cake, make some small brigadeiros, by rolling the filling mixture into balls, and add them on top of the cake!It looks adorable!
Using the Bundt Mold
I guarantee you everybody will love this cake!!
Thank you for reading and have a lovely weekend!
Lots of Love